NMF is a non-profit organization whose mission is to increase the number of underrepresented minority physicians and other professionals in the healthcare workforce. The organization is headquartered on Fifth Avenue in New York City.
Examples of scholarships available include:
- Anarcha, Betsy and Lucy Memorial Scholarship Award - for African-American women
- Gerber Scholarship in Pediatrics Program - for two outstanding medical students with an interest in pediatrics and an emphasis on nutrition
- The Hugh J. Andersen Memorial Scholarship - for 2nd or 3rd year underrepresented minority students enrolled in Minnesota medical schools in recognition of leadership and community service
- Manhattan Central Medical Society Scholarship - given to an African-American medical student enrolled in the greater New York area
- The Wayne Anthony Butts Scholarship - for 1st or 2nd year underrepresented minority medical student studying in the New York metropolitan area
- Mary Ball Carrera Scholarship - a need-based scholarship awarded to an outstanding Native American woman enrolled in an accredited US medical school
Students who qualify may check each scholarship online for eligibility requirements and application instructions.
The deadline for this scholarship VARIES each year, and the award amount VARIES.
For more details, visit www.nmfonline.org/programs/general-scholarships-awards