Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or above in order to apply. Students can apply to various award categories, including:
- Business sponsored - for students pursuing careers in business, business management, business development, and entrepreneurship.
- Education sponsored - for students pursuing careers as teachers, guidance counselors, coaches or academic administrators, or education public policy.
- Engineering sponsored - for students interested in the STEM fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, with an emphasis on technology, innovation and engineering.
- Community service sponsored - for students who have a demonstrated record of service to their community.
- Mathematical sciences - for students pursuing a major or minor in the mathematical sciences, such as accounting, actuarial science, business analytics, computer science, and other disciplines of mathematics.
- Healthcare and science - for students wanting to pursue a career as a doctor, nurse, pharmaceutical industry, healthcare administration and public health.
Three recipients are chosen (Gold, Silver and Bronze) for each category in each of the 10 award regions.
The awards are sponsored by the Hispanic Heritage Foundation (HHF), a non-profit organization established in 1987 by the White House. The foundation identifies, inspires, prepares and positions Latino student leaders in the classroom, community and workforce to meet America’s priorities and challenges.
The deadline for this scholarship is usually in OCTOBER of each year, and the award amount is usually $1,000 - $3,000.
For more details, visit app.reviewr.com/hispanicheritage/site/hispanicheritage